Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy New Year! 1/2/2012

Dear Family and Friends,

Another week has gone by!  This one has been a little longer than normal it feels like for some reason....don't know why...probably because we have done a whole lot of stuff that doesn't feel exactly missionary like, for example, having to be home by 4 in the afternoon!  We don't even know what to do with ourselves!   For the New Year that supposedly gets "pretty crazy" we had to be inside at four on Saturday and Sunday. So on Saturday we decided to deep clean EVERYTHING!! We started in the bathrooms and moved to the kitchen while cooking taco soup for dinner.  Before we knew it was 10:00!!! And we didn't finish our cleaning! But what we did do looked really great! We cleaned walls and floors and baseboards and EVERYTHING!  I feel so much better already!  although we didn't get to finish...who knows when that will happen......on Sunday we only had sacrament and then had a lunch for all the members and right after just had to run home!  And we studied and chilled etc etc.  We also watched the President Monson biography movie thing and it was so great.  My favorite quote and new goal goes something like that his goal in life is to know that if the Lord has an errand to be done, He can call on "Tom Monson"  or "Sister Trottier"  and He will know it will be done.  I want that to be true of me!! Wouldn’t that be a great thing to be known for by the Lord?  
This whole holiday week and weekend, the whole aura and feeling of Russia has changed.  First of all not many people are out and about and second of all they are a lot happier and open.  We just call out to people and tell them happy New Year!! And they respond!!!  In a positive way none the less!! They say thank you and to you too and then the big thing is to tell you to have all sorts of happiness and hope and health and joy and they go off on long wishes of goodness for you! It’s great! everyone is getting ready for the holiday so they couldn't meet so we just went out on the street and talked to people and congratulated them on the new year and a lot made treats for members and dropped them off at people who we don’t know very well or who are inactive. It was fun and they were surprised I think!  one member who we love who is in Snigg has just gotten a computer with all this fancy stuff, she is the district Relief Society President and she was told in order to help with the new stake and communicate with everyone all around Siberia she would need to use it! haha she is so cute and can’t do a thing with it! So we sat down and tried to help her figure out word and excel and stuff.  Now my Russian is getting better and I can get by usually but I have no idea the vocabulary for the computer!! haha it was an adventure!  Also all of Russia has a holiday! Well not all but most.  And it’s for 10 DAYS! Crazy huh!!!  And no one wants to do anything! I think we might have a hard time finding people to meet with. There was a party above us all night and all morning long! Seriously!  They started a second dance party at like seven and went all through studies this morning!  It was a very loud study session.  
On Friday we had a meeting set up with an inactive lady who is really great and we just need her to get to the temple with her family!  She flakes on us a lot and she lives far away and she told us to call before we came and we called and called and she didn't answer, but I felt like we should still go. We got to her house and she wasn’t' home! and I thought to myself, "ok, He told me to still come, so there must be a reason we are all the way out here" so we started going through a list of back up plans, go to other people who live around here, go contacting, tracting etc etc and I was looking at the map on the side of the street and couldn't figure it out when the lady, Lubov came around the corner!!!!  It was great!  And she said sorry she left her phone at home but please come in! It was the best meeting we have ever had with her and the spirit was strong! She wants to come to church and to work toward going to the temple; we set goals and all sorts of stuff to help! It was great! 
President wrote me and told me my release date! I’m freaking out! It’s May 30th.  Which is in less than five months!  That’s a long time but not at the same time.  I was setting goals for the New Year and I realized that some of my goals are only going to last until may and then I have to make new ones. I don't know what to do with myself.  I feel like I will be here doing this forever!  But no...But I still have a long time to do a lot!  President told me to thrust in my sickle!  He said I will remember all the great times and the trials and hard times will fade away or turn sweet!  So I gotta just go and do!  I realized the other day that down the road, it’s not what we DON'T do that we will remember, but it’s the things that we DO do that we will remember!  So we gotta go and do.  
Thursday was second Christmas for us!!! The elders at the office called and we both had packages from home!!! I had three!!! One from Grandma Trottier, one from the Huish's and one from you guys!!  HOLY COW! I don't think that I have ever had more Christmas Presents! And such great ones!!  It was the best second Christmas ever in all of History!  We opened them all together and freaked out after every one! And everything was great! I don't know how you all knew exactly what I needed!  And all the other great stuff that missionaries in Russia love!! I got candy and earrings and a necklace and great pictures from the Huish Kids!!  Emma even wrote in Russian! Which was the coolest thing ever!!  And cute Christmas things and OREOS!! And PB m & m's and cute little Christmas decorations that are all hung up and great pictures and notes from the Kendall family and toffee and caramel from grandma!! Which by the way we shared some with the elders...not all,....just a few...  :) and they were singing your praises and telling you they loved you!  And LUCKY CHARMS! And hot chocolate! And great black American pens that work! And cute stand up tooth brushes and Columbian candy! And SOCKS! For every holiday!  (Tell Jessica Thanks for those!  Best missionary present ever!!) And summer sausage and gloves and arm warmers and Mickey Band-Aids!  It was just great! And gum and ALTOIDS and all sorts of candy!  And a singing box from grandma! Ha ha it’s pretty crazy! Only works when it wants! Even when we are in the other room it sometimes starts haha,....weird. But ya! I guess I didn't have to tell you all I got but it was so great!  And I have already worn the necklace and earrings and hair pins and sweater!  The next day we had a feast of all the good food and I wore all my new stuff. I think people realize they love and miss you more when you are gone! I think I will make it a habit! :) haha just kidding! 
HEY!  I just got Camille’s package!! It is so great and I love it so so much! So many lovely and delicious things! Will you tell her and the family that I love them! I love you!! Thanks so much! 
Love, Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment