Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Sunday, January 8, 2012

12/12/11

So we had a miracle of miracles today! ...I will start from the beginning.  We were on a bus ride that we knew would last about 30 minutes and sister djurich just turned to this lady who had a cute little girl and asked them where they bought the popcorn (they had movie popcorn tubs) and they had been to a dolphin show!!!!  Which is beside the point but really cool! Anyways we just chatted with them and got onto the gospel. She says she has her own path and she doesn't need a church to tell her where to go but she was nice and we gave her a pamphlet about the gospel anyways :) but she didn't really want to give us her number.  BUT today I got a phone call! And I answered and a lady said
 
Lady- "what’s your name!?"..... 
Me-  "uh....Sister Trottier....what’s yours?"
Lady-  "Irina! We met on the bus yesterday! Do you remember?"
Me  (at the time I was trying to think of all the people we talked to the day before but I still said)  "oh yes of course! How are you?"
Irina "Great!  My daughter just kept bugging me and bugging me asking me if I was going to call the girls we met!  She asked over and over and over!  "  (ps the girl is like 3 or 4 or so)  "so I called"
 
!!!!!!!!!!!This is a miracle because I have never had anyone call that we just gave a brochure to! And I don't think anyone I have ever talked to here has that happened to!  We just talked for awhile, she said she read what we gave her and would like to meet with us! haha crazy stuff huh!?!
 
 
The elders in Sniggery got us an investigator this week as well. Her name is Kasoosha.  She is really sweet.  Has some crazy believes kind of. It’s like the youth here are starving for religion and they grab onto whatever they find.  Books, discs, movies etc etc it’s pretty crazy. But amazing that they feel that strongly about finding truth.  She got there and saw the book on the table and said "hey I have one of those at home"  .......WHAT!?!  haha that is crazy!    She has read part of it she says! We were shocked and had nothing to say....weird! But cool of course!
 
I have been studying up on sanctification.   How to sanctify yourself and all that you do in the Lord.  I think I told you this last week but I still am!  Just a little bit each day and a few scriptures at a time!  It’s great! I just started in the topical guide!  It’s a big job but definitely worth the time...to study and read and to actually sanctify yourself and your thoughts, words and actions.   
 
Today as a companionship we read Pres. Monsons talk.  It is incredible how he began with talking about the commandments and being moral in a fallen world and led into prayer and to receiving revelation!  The talk was titled "stand in Holy Places” how incredible that he can write a talk like that that can lead from what we have to do, how we can do it and what it leads to.   We need to be worthy, to keep the commandments, we can receive help and strength to do that through prayer and when we have become worthy we can receive revelation that is necessary for us!  It’s incredible. He truly is a prophet of God!  
 
Well I love you so much! Time is out!  Have a good week! 
 
Love Sister Trottier

No comments:

Post a Comment