Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feb 26th

Hey Family!  
 
Big big week this week!  The first and biggest news is that I got a transfer.  That wasn't a big a surprise because we knew that I would have to get a transfer because Sister Margolies is going home!  But the big surprise is that I will be training.  And I think that it is a Russian sister that I will be training.  My first Russian Companion will be my last companion! Crazy huh?  Well at least my Russian will improve I guess...well maybe...hopefully....But I’m pretty nervous about it.  I felt good about it when president told me and I know that it is what Heavenly Father wants, pretty sure He wants me to learn a lot. I feel like I have to become the best missionary in the whole world in one week but that won't happen.....but anyways I thought that I was ok with it until I couldn't sleep last night haha! I woke up at 3 and couldn't sleep so I cleaned some and wrote some letters and studied some :) haha it was a very productive morning. Because of a lack of sisters and crazy visa trips etc etc we have to leave for Novosibirsk on Wednesday to be with a sister there for a week and wait for my new companion....so I will be away from my area for a long time which always stinks. But Heavenly Father knows where we are and I can do good work where ever. For example there was a family here at internet who just couldn't figure out how to use the computer and needed to type some in English so I helped out. They were amazed that I could understand Russian and English and use a computer! haha so talented :) haha jk. but you can have a good influence where ever you are. 
 
It was Man's Day this week. Ya it’s a holiday here haha so great.  And so we celebrated. on last Monday the elders came over to our apartment and we made them sweet and sour chicken and a cake. They loved it haha. Ya I am such a sister missionary. before my mission I swore I wouldn't be one of the those sister missionaries that just cooked and baked for the elders haha but turns out I have become every sister missionary I swore I wouldn't become haha it just makes the elders so so happy to get home cooked food :)  we were at our investigators house, we teach him and his mom and we brought him chocolate for the holiday.  I asked him "Oleg, do you like chocolate?" and he said as serious as death "I respect Chocolate" haha it was so great! I respect chocolate too! haha and then he showed us he bought a chocolate cake for us to eat with him and he just cut it in fourths and gave us a fourth of a cake! holy cow it was so good but really not..... and then we had a branch party for the men which was so funny. and it was great because they played do you love your neighbor game, it was so funny with all the adults and old people haha.  they loved it! 
 
There was a baptism on Sunday! it was so great! it is this 16 year old boy who has been wanting to get baptized for MONTHS and his dad wouldn't let him and finally he said yes!  his name is Valeri!   he is so great and so strong!  HIs mom, brother and grandma came to the baptism and the Spirit was so strong.   Our investigator Tamara came to the baptism and she loved it. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted!  It will be in a month’s time because she is right now trying to quit smoking. so pray for her to have the strength to do so! she is great and is already doing missionary work! 
 
This weekend was also a holiday. I’m not really sure how it translates but it’s like Oil, or butter holiday. started Tuesday or wed....you have to eat blini (crepe things) every day and feed everyone that comes over blini and on Sunday you forgive everyone that you are offended by haha or something like that. haha I talked to some lady about it and suggested maybe we should do it every week. that way we can always be forgiving people AND always have blini! :) she thought it was a good idea. 
 
we called up an old contact named Elena who knows English...I think I told you about her last week....well the young girl that came with her to meet us invited us over to her house to meet her family and celebrate the holiday with them. She has a great great family!  I don't know but they might be our miracle family. A STRONG HAPPY FAMILY!  haha you don't see that much here!  two girls (3 and 12) and a mom and dad. The mom is a surgeon which here in Russia pays about as much as a teacher in America! pretty bad huh?  I couldn't believe it!  she says that she loves her job but the pay is like a side job. her husband is an engineer and supports the family.  they live in a HOUSE.  and a nice one.   crazy.  never seen anything like it in Russia.  we got to know them and talked about our purpose in being here and how much it means to us. they invited us back over to have us tell about how our church is different from others.  unfortunately that will be in a weekish because of transfers but I hope the interest doesn't die out before that. 
 
I got a letter from Sister Kate Giles in the mail! haha sounds like she is doing good and she loves her mission! haha Kate! she is probably the best missionary in the whole world I am guessing. she is just so bubbly and out there! they probably love her! 
 
hmmm......the members here are great!  the relief society sets up meetings with us and her and calls us to tell us when they are! haha she is the best ever!  and she checks up on all our old investigators and calls every once and awhile to invite them to keep meeting with us haha oh man she is great! her name is Tatiana.  
 
There is a man who just got the priesthood and then was called as the second counselor in the branch. his wife as started to come to church (not a member) she is my next best friend. she is nice.She didn't really like me all that much at first but I think she is warming up.  I had no idea that the secret to life is to just assume that everyone loves you and wants to be your friend!  and you just love everyone and want to be their friend and the world becomes a beautiful place! we should all just try to be friends and assume the best of everyone.   
 
Today I read in the Doctrine and Covenants 51:9 and felt inspired to study about being a steward. We are already given each a stewardship in our lives and I already had one as a missionary but now I feel like I have been added an extra this transfer. I have a lot that I will be asked to account for I think. But it was a good study.  I came up with us analogy...or parable...or something.    So, let’s pretend I decided to start a business of designing and creating earrings.  (which by the way would be really really sweet)  at first I didn't have that many requests and clients but as time went on I got more and more and I couldn't handle it all by myself......soooo I hired some people to work for me and gave them some responsibilities and had others designing and making them for me. But of course I would want them to do it as cool as I would and as good as quality as if I was making them myself.  that is what I would expect from the people that I entrusted to my work.  Or another example. a gymnastics coach. So many people want to come to their gym and so they have to hire more people. This reminded me of Tammy because she is so careful about how she picks people to work with her and what she expects of them.  She looks for people who will work hard and honestly. who have a good attitudes, who know how to love the children and take care of them, are willing to learn and get better and who she can trust to do all she would if she were the coach.   This is how our Heavenly Father is as well. He has a work.  His work is to "Bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man"  and He has called us as His steward to help Him and to be His Hands. We need to work and do what He would do. That is a huge task but He has entrusted us and we are entitled to His help.     That also brings what I learned about accounting to the Lord. We shouldn't just account in the end to Him at the judgment day but if we check in daily with Him and ask Him how he thinks we are doing with HIs work now He can help correct us and teach us daily how we can improve.  for example Tammy can teach and correct a small mistake and they can become better coaches and co workers continually.  and with the earring thing. maybe they could ask me what I thought and I could give a little feed back before it’s too late haha. there are twelve hundred little kids playing games and over my shoulder watching me write in English and wanting me to leave haha it’s hard to concentrate haha so it’s over!
 
But I love you, the church is true! you are great! I love you so much!  
 
Sister Trottier
 

No comments:

Post a Comment