Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feb 13th

Hey family....well....i don't have much to say today. which is bad because everything is all new and crazy and great. But i don't have much to say really.... i don't even remember what i told you about Tomsk yet, but it is a great place. it just has a whole completely different atmosphere than anywhere else! really people are more open and willing to talk to you. and its really alot of cleaner here and it just has a different feel.  we have a great apartment. Really cute and clean and nice. with a great couch which isn't usually the case :) The branch is GREAT!!  The members do what they are supposed to do!  The do missionary work. They fulfill their callings!  They love and support each other!  Not that other branches i have served in were bad but these guys are just incredible!  If there is one thing i have learned it is what kind of a Church member i want to be.  I think it is going to be alot harder than it sounds but it makes all the difference. we need to be excellent church members if we want the Kingdom of God on the earth the grow. I feel like alot of the things that i wished i was i have become closer to becoming. but that also could just be because i am longer and longer on the mission :)  I wish i was a perfect missionary at the beginning of my mission or even now! think of all the good that could have been done! but i think that is not the point. The Lord doesn't call perfect people, He calls people who need to change and who need to learn.  

Today I read an article in the new ensign the one from Elder Cook- "The Doctrine of the Father".  I love it so so so much! I want to use it in all of my lessons for the rest of my life.  i would go through and tell you each part by each part but that would not be effective and you can read it on your own :)  We have alot of investigators here.  And have had a lot of meetings and alot of member present lessons (which are the best).  I hope that some of them come through as progressing investigators that can make eternal covenants with God and eventually go to the temple and be sealed with their families.   Which" is the penultimate act on Earth - all else is merely leading us towards that eternal bond." (words from Tyler Huish).  Its so true. How incredible that our Heavenly Father has given us this opportunity.  I have been teaching alot about temples and families. Its great. 

I am attaching some of what i wrote to president cause i don't want to retype it :)

Tomsk is great! i love it!

First i should tell you about our meeting with Aidai. She was great and very interested. She doesnt know much about what she believes or religion but she is searching for truth. She is a very bright and amazing young woman. We talked mostly about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Next lesson we will go back and do the first lesson. She said she couldnt make it this last sunday to church but she is interested in coming and seeing how it all goes. She agreed to pray and read and said that she would have to think alot and know more before she would be baptized. She knelt with us to pray but didn't want to pray herself. I think it went well. we are going to invite her to institute tomorrow. We had a member, returned missionary with us on the lesson. she was a great help!

As with the rest of the work, its great. they had alot of eternal investigators and i have made it my goal to try to get them on the fast track to their Heavenly Father. I hope that i can make a difference. We have one investigator Tamara who is great, just needs to quit smoking. She is having a small operation on her throat tomorrow and will be up and about after ten days. I have decided to try having a investigator/inactive calling list and put them on a 3 or 2 or 1 week list and just calling them to let them know we love and encourage them. this way we don't have to meet with the same inactives all the time but we can still let t hem know we love them.

As for me and sister margolies all is great! Its like having my best friend as my companion again. she is great. its fun to be back together after we have both grown and learned a little bit more what it means to be a missionary. We have awesome elders who keep us going and make it so we have to run to catch up with them (literally and figuratively speaking when it comes to the work)

I feel like alot of what i have always wished i was as a missionary i have come closer to reaching. I am thankful for that help from Heavenly Father. I feel like my Russian is going downhill though...not up. I am going to redo my language plan and try to double up on language working :)

well...that was a lame letter probably :) sorry. But i love you alot. and i know the church is true. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and He knows what He is doing. I know that the gospel blesses lives and families. Miracles happen.  

I love you!

Sister Trottier

No comments:

Post a Comment