Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

hey hey hey! Another week has gone by.  It’s crazy how they go by and it seems like I just wrote but at the same time I feel like it has been weeks and weeks. And life keeps changing at home too which makes it strange also. But I hope all is well and everyone is alive.  from the one email a week I get from my immediate family I assume no disaster has occurred, but I mean I guess I don't really know if Jake or Audrey or mom or dad are all ok because I haven't heard from them in 2 weeks....mom has a good excuse cause she is in a different country and maybe doesn't have internet but the rest of you.....hmmmm.....:)  But its ok I love you all anyways so don’t worry!

So as for my studies, which for some reason have become a must for me to write about every week...hope that’s ok :)  my favorite was all about Reconciliation.  Yes.  It is 2 Nephi 10:24 which is all about reconciling yourself to God. and I thought....what does that exactly mean?  and so I decided to study it! and I looked in the TG and the BD and it mentioned other words like: love help good restore forgive submission and God’s will.  When I think of the word reconcile I guess I would say that you fix a relationship with someone right?  So talking to them, serving them, coming to love them and fix whatever was separating you.  So the same is with our Heavenly Father.  We need to do all the things above.  and more, we also need to change our will to match His. This is harder than it sounds, we have to be humble, realize we don't have all knowledge; we can't do it by ourselves and recognize we are nothing without Him. (Ephesians 5:21) this is hard and not fun sometimes, but it is necessary (Romans 10:1)/ but the great thing is that it is possible through the atonement!  (Jacob 4:11). 
As I was thinking about that I also was reading from conference elder Perry’s talk about the Sabbath day.  It is a great talk and it and other experiences brought to light something that I had not thought of in this way before. But it says that we need to come to the sacrament table for self inspection.  and President Rolfe talked about this too. And whatever we find inside ourselves that is separating us from God or from having the Holy Ghost we need to put it on the table.  It’s just the simple things. As we talked to our young investigator about repentance she asked with disbelief what I would have to repent of. But I realized that we are all on different plains, maybe I don't do huge things that I need to repent of but, because of where I am the calling and knowledge I have, the sins and mistakes I make take me a step away from God just as everyone else’s.  For example, maybe she feels bad and needs to repent because she drank at her last party when we challenged her not to, and I feel bad because I didn't follow a prompting of the spirit and I gave myself 10 minutes instead of giving every minute to the Lord. Both are things we can bring to the sacrament table, receive forgiveness for and become better and strengthened by the Lord. It’s all about the keep progressing every day tithing. so great right?

Oh man, I ramble too much! 
There were two baptisms this week!!! Remember Natalia?  My old investigator with the two daughters and son in law and grandchild?  Ya she got baptized! It was incredible and I was so happy!  We got there and she was so worried that I wouldn't show up and she was freaking out a little and ran to me and hugged me and hugged me haha she was so nervous but so so happy!  She wouldn't let go of my hand and had me come down to the font with her etc etc and she said she asked the elders specifically to make it warm because the baptism she came to watch it was cold and she said "I won't do it if it’s cold!" haha so especially for her they made it warm! and her son in law baptized her and it was so happy! Another Family heading off into eternity together!  The other baptism was Elena, I only taught her one lesson before I got transferred but she is great great great! Her family didn't come to the baptism unfortunately but they are not against the church so all is well! She is great

you know Dasha?  She is the new member who is like 20?  Well she left on a mini mission this week! Just for one transfer but she is so excited and it is such a great opportunity for her!  To grow her testimony and to help others find the joy she found.  I don't know if you know but when we have an uneven amount of missionaries for a time they call mini missionaries from one city to serve indifferent cites in the mission. It’s great! But hard kinda...

Remember Dennis? Our star investigator? ya well he passed the sacrament on Sunday! and he said he was so nervous! The week before he talked in very serious tones about how he knows now of his great responsibility. It reminded me of a talk in conference priesthood session that I read that was great. And I don't remember who it was by it talked about a little deacon’s quorum president. I hope every little boy can read this story and knows of the power and great privilege they have. Dennis felt this and he says he will strive to do all he can to live worthy of it!  Wow!

We have an Ensign story in the making it’s called "Chocolate Pastries for Salvation”.....well it could use a little work but still....there is this bakery we go to with a nice girl there who we talk to. A little more each time and last time we gave her a book of Mormon! Who knows! Maybe it will be a miracle!
Well....we had culture night and we went to see a Russian fairy tale! It was funny! I didn't know Russians could be so silly!    And one of the young kid members likes Supernatural!! Ya I know! He has seen every episode! and one of his favorites is the Ghost sickness one too!  He tried to explain to me what happened in the last season but it was completely not understandable in Russian, I don't know the words for it! haha but I kinda got the picture!
Anyways transfer calls this week so I will let you know. I gotta get off because we are trying to save time so I can send pictures from the senior couple’s apartment! Sorry I didn't write back to Grandma and grandma and McKell and Sami but I love you! and I am happy that the Huish kids haven't forgotten me! Thanks Michelle and Tyler for not letting your kids forget about me! I love you so much! 
Church is true

Sister Trottier

No comments:

Post a Comment