Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hey hey hey another week has gone by...which is strange....
 
President called on Friday and I am getting transferred, but only within Omsk. I am moving from one branch to another and changing apartments just two bus stops away and my new companion in Sister Swab!  She is so great! She is from Germany!  I don't know if you remember but she is the same sister that I came with on the train to Omsk my first week!  We have been serving in the same city this whole time so I know her well. She is an awesome missionary. I am sad a little bit to not be able to work with the people that I love so much but I will still see them and I just get more people to love!  Sister Margolies will just stay where we were. It was strange all the sisters stayed the same in Omsk we just switched companions! 
 
Dad- um....I’m not very sure what to pass along for your talk this Sunday! haha But good luck with that! That’s pretty exciting! um..... You can tell them all that I love them and pray for them often! haha I don't know.....you can just include some stuff from some of my emails I guess. I could try to write a really awesome testimony in this one but now I feel like the pressure is on haha..... 
 
I’m not really sure what to write this week....I am struggling to think of anything interesting to say or anything inspiring really! haha I think that is a bad thing!  It rains a lot though. Almost every day now. But it makes it better than not because it’s cooler and since the sky is cloudy it’s not as bright at night when we are trying to sleep. Because the sun doesn’t' have the same bed time here as it does at home.
 
Today I read a sweet verse (or two) in 1 Peter 4:12-13- I really liked it!  It says something to the effect of Why are you surprised that there are trials?  Why are you surprised that life is hard?!  Of course it’s going to be hard! But it will be worth it!  No one said it was going to be easy!  And it’s not supposed to be easy. If it was easy we wouldn't learn anything.  Peter is just great because he just puts everything how it is.  I have become more and more that way as I have been here because that’s how the Russians are...don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but.....that’s how it is.
 
One of the Elders told us that when a member of the 70 came to the mission he had an interview with him and they talked about receiving revelation and following the spirit. He told elder player to carry around a notebook and write down every time he received revelation, where he was, what he was doing and what it was about. I have started doing that and it has been great! That way I don't forget what He told me, even if it is a small thing like, "bring your English scriptures"  and I think "why? They are HUGE and they make my bag really heavy!" and I got the prompting "bring your English scriptures". So I did and then we got to our meeting and she had all sorts of questions from the bible about specific verses and words that she didn't understand! And I was able to help because I had just read there and I had my English ones! And there is no way that I would have understood little nitpicky things like that in Russian.  And this way Heavenly Father Knows I value His guidance and He will send more!
 
So we have this little new member Violetta who is like 10 and we went and taught her about the Armour of God. Sister Erickson made all of the armor out of cereal boxes and painted it all cute and it was so adorable! I will send pictures soon!  I was going to tell you, one member we work with sometimes speaks quite a bit of English and it is just so strange because randomly she will speak English in the middle of our conversation and then switch back and forth and back and forth and it just messes with my head!  It’s strange. 
 
Sounds like the family is doing well! I got emails from both Grandmas letting me know the news and updates! Thank you so much for doing that! I appreciate it a lot a lot! I just love to know what is going on and that everyone is still happy and safe. I love you so much!   
 
I have a disc of pictures and I have been trying to figure out how to send them over email but everything is RUSSIAN! Imagine that! And its all strange computer words...so I don't think you get them....sorry. 
 
Whoever is reading this if you see Whitney give her a HUGE hug for me!  Maybe even a leg hug, because those are better!  Whit I love you so much. Thanks for writing me and praying for me.  Keep doing what you are doing, keep keepin on!  Life was not meant to be easy, but it was meant for us to enjoy it.  Remember that we are supposed to be happy!  If you aren't having fun and loving life you are doing something wrong! Love life!  Love the situation you are in, a single young woman going to college and working!  People all over the world would kill to be your age, to be as beautiful as you are and to have the opportunities that you have!  Take advantage of them and love them. I love you so much don't ever forget it! 
 
Well....I want you all to know that I am so thankful to be here in Russian. I know that mission calls are inspired of our Heavenly Father who knows exactly when and where we need to be in order to help us the most and help us help other people.  I have already met people that have changed me and the way that I look at life.   I can't believe my whole life I never wanted to go on a mission because now it feels like the most important thing that I have ever done and the best thing that I could do to help prepare me for the rest of my life.  I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. And He can lead us to know what that plan is and how best to do it.  We are here on earth to become better, to become perfect which is a long and daunting process but it is possible with the help of our Savior and His gospel. I am thankful for Jesus Christ, for His life and His sacrifice so that I know how to live and that it is possible for me to change and to become better and to be happy and to return to my Heavenly Father. I know the power of prayer and the Book of Mormon. They are so important in our daily lives in order for us to focus on what matters most.  I have learned so much from the members here about how to live the gospel. They go about their quiet lives diligently serving and BEING HAPPY! That is the key is to be happy and to love all those around us just as the Savior did.
 
I love you all so much! 
 
Love Sister Trottier
 

No comments:

Post a Comment