Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Monday, May 21, 2012

What did you wear in the wintertime to stay warm?  - i wore thermal garments but only the bottoms.  think leggings and running pants and more thick tights.  scarves thick wool sweater haha and wool socks. 

Do you have an iron? yes

The packet from the church says that if you wear a size 10, you should buy your boots here- is that accurate? yes accurate!!! its possible but hard.  but the best and warmest have fur and i don't know where to find those there

Do you eat a lot of meat? if you want to.  don't have to.

Have you liked the shoes you took or would you have chosen differently? differently. i dislike greatly those "comfy" ones that are not cute. i wear my flats more than those.  bring fall boots

What things are unavailable there that she should take with her?  not much.  floss is expensive.


Wow! that was alot of emails! haha took about 45 minutes! haha thanks so much!   Its like I'm coming home soon and everyone remembered that they love me! :) haha just kidding! but it was really nice

I have alot alot to write and not alot of time to write it! 

we went to Novosibirsk for a conference with the WHOLE MISSION! it was incredible! it was so so great. to have all those missionaries all together. it was like having my family. don't worry, but second family, but stil. i love them so much.  We had testimony meeting and i of course cried haha.  All I got out was "i know the gospel is true"  and then that was about it for a while and then i got through a little bit more haha.  and at the end we always sing "God be with you till we meet again" and i told myself i wouldn't cry hahga but that lasted about five seconds.  and then i just had to shake all my "brothers" hands good bye and give hugs to all my "sisters".  its crazy how much i love everyone here.  Missionaries, members, non members etc.  I have already started saying bye to people here in Tomsk and its hard every time. 

so i know you are all just DYING to know.... LARISSA GOT BAPTIZED!!!! Yepers!  On Sunday she was baptized!  I knew Tomsk was going to be a miracle city.  I love Larissa so much. we have become close friends already. I wish i could tell you the whole story but its long. i will tell you in person ok? it was incredible. her husband baptized her and the spirit was so strong. They are one step closer to having an eternal family.  It was a beautiful service.  The days before her baptism she kept asking how she would feel when and after she was baptized  and so after it all i asked her and she said "I feel reverence." what a great answer.  It impacted me alot that answer and today i studied reverence. I think that we could all probably be a little more reverent in our lives.  we are actually told to be reverent in all things. Satan uses irreverence in the world to distract us from that which is spiritual (True to the Faith).  Heavenly Father heard my prayers, her prayers and the prayers of her husband. what a miracle.





No comments:

Post a Comment