Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Monday, May 28, 2012

Last e-mail from Russia

Well Hello :)  

Well i guess this is the last email from Russia that you will all get from me.  Everyone keeps asking me how i feel and i just say "I don't know, Good".  Because to be honest, it doesn't really feel yet like i am going home.  Today is just another pday....but i guess its not haha. So i guess i will start by saying all the stuff i am supposed to say although they don't seem real :)

Thanks everyone for writing me all of the time. and for the love and support that you have given me. Your letters, emails, and packages mean alot and helped me remember why i am out here.  For all of you!  Well, first of all for the Lord, but also for my family and friends.  I couldn't have done it with out the help of the Lord that came because of all of your faith and prayers.  Thanks so much. 

This week was pretty much a normal week except for the packing and saying goodbye. It was actually a really productive one.  We had some great great meetings and contacts and studies.  It was a miracle actually.  I decided to ask our investigator Nina again to be baptized.  She ALWAYS  gets a little frustrated when i ask. but I just felt that i had to. I was hesitant but as my companion says "Don't argue with the Spirit"  so i asked her.  and you know what?! she said yes! haha we were shocked into silence!  after how many times meeting with her and asking her EVERYTIME to be baptized! i almost decided to not ask her this one time because i didn't want to get her mad and then have to say good bye but the Holy Ghost told me. Heavenly Father knew she was ready.  Think about it!? what if i hadn't asked!?  that is why President tells us to ask every time. you just never know when they will be ready.  

We met with our new member Larissa. She is incredible. I love her so so much.  We just had a great discussion about our Heavenly Father. Who He is and our Potential to become like Him.  The spirit was so strong. The branch council is already started on getting her a calling and assignments and teachers and stuff.  She is so great! She even got up the guts to ask someone to switch work with her this Sunday so she could come to church.  She told us all about her experiences that she has already had with the Holy Ghost since she has received that gift.  If we all used and appreciated the Gift of the Holy Ghost that we have been given as she does the world would be a much better place. We could get a lot alot done.  She also said that she has the desire to serve. She knows that is what she covenanted to do and she has been trying to consciously keep that covenant!  I told her that i wanted to be her friend for ever and ever. haha she said she does too.  

I have been trying hard to keep working this week and i think it has been pretty successful.  I just knew that the last week is what i would remember. I wanted to be able to remember that I worked till the end, not just a trunky missionary. So we have been just talking to everyone. its been great. I love the people here in Russia.  

There is a girl that we teach English to. her name is Alexcandra. have i told you about her? she has become my best friend haha! i love her so so much. She asked if she could take us in her car to the bus station. So nice!  so her and her husband came. They helped us with our bags and just chatted the whole time. She even gave me a cute little Russian present.  Just a great couple. The sisters are going to start teaching them and i hope that they can come to know its true.  She is so great. 

Church was so good. Its weird to think that its the last Russian meeting i will be on. it will be weird for everything to be in English. it was sad to say goodbye to everyone.  They have become my family.  I definitely want to come back and visit.  I could just stay in tomsk for a whole week and just hang out with everyone haha!  

We are now in Novo and having pday with the sisters.  Set up a meeting tonight with my "mom" in Novo. Vera. I am so happy and excited to see her before i leave. I called her last night and she knew me by my voice!  haha it was nice.  Also called my "sister" her in Novo Marina, we are going to meet her tomorrow i think. cool that i get to do some work here in Novo before i leave.  Did some contacting today in Novo.  I miss the people in tomsk haha but maybe i just have to find the happy ones haha. 

Welp......Mom- if there is any problems with me flying home alone i will call you. no worries. haha i don't think they are that strict. I will ask president, but i am sure there won't be any problems. 

one of the elders wrote to me in our year book type thing and said some like "The Lord sends us on missions to prepare us for a greater work in our lives. I believe that He has prepared a greater work for you to fulfill, keep on working and serving and you will fulfill it."  Another elder said "You have been improving and perfecting yourself for the last 18 months, don't stop or go back. Keep going and you will continue to be a servant in the Lords hands". and Mom sent me a quote from elder Packer - "The release is just as inspired as the calling". I believe that.  I feel pretty peaceful.  I am sure i will cry a bunch haha but that's because it is sad to leave all the people i love behind. But i know that just as the Lord had a purpose and reason for sending me on a mission, He also has a purpose and plan for me after the mission. Just the next calling and time of life. I am nervous because i don't know what will come, but that is life. I am excited to start the next part of my adventure.  I know that as the Lord led and guided me here, He will lead and guide me after my mission.

This time has changed me for the better.  and i will try to continue to keep changing and improving

  I love my mission.  I love the Gospel. I love my Savior.  and i love you all. See you soon!

Sister Trottier


No comments:

Post a Comment