Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hey from Heather (Nov 7)

Hello all! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! You guys are the best! I really had no time to read all the emails so I will print them out! But thanks! I love you all! 
 
This week began (starting on last Tues) cold!!!  It snowed for 4 days straight and began to be the Siberia that everyone thinks of. and then we woke up two days ago and there was no snow.  It was weird. It was even warm yesterday (6 degrees Celsius) but today it’s cold again!  Supposedly really cold but I haven't seen a sign today.    Today I bought myself some 400 den nylons and am planning on buying myself some kind of present. haha maybe a really sister missionary sweater or something :)  haha so original right?
 
AUDREY AND SAMI!!!!!    den rash den ya teb ya den rash den ya teb ya!  den rash den ya den rash den ya.....den rash den ya tebya!!!! haha well that is kinda how it goes!  Make sure to say the "sh"'s  as the s in vision  ok?  And sing it to the birthday song!  See if you can figure it out!  Then look it up on YouTube or something :)  I hope you do something way super fun and blow out candles and make good wishes!
 
Me and sister djurich had a dance party during planning to take out our stress. It was very very funny.  :) It was to really old efy music that sounded like the back street boys. It was really sweet.
 
We decorated our Christmas tree this week. Ya we have a mini one! It’s pretty sweet. and we put lights on it and put little tinsel stuff all over. We are planning on making snowflakes as well :)
If you didn't get the other email, I need to know how to make Grandma Kendall’s appetizer if there is no like fruit salad cans.  Will you let me know what I need to do?  President invited us over to their house for thanksgiving and we all get to bring a traditional dish from our families.
 
We had a conference from president Uchtdorf, and elder oaks and Clayton and Sister Thompson just for this side of the world. And added a district conference the day before. It was a great weekend!  It’s so incredible and great for the members for the apostles to be speaking just to them.  
 
We have been meeting with a lot of inactive members this week.  Our goal is just to love them and to help them to feel the love of the Savior. As we have focused just on that they feel that love. Our goal isn't to guilt them into coming back or doing the things that they know is right. They already know that. We just want them to feel loved and we have had a lot of great great meetings with the spirit and a lot of great responses.   We met with an artist yesterday whose house is probably the coolest in Novosibirsk!  She has paintings all over hung up and everything its pretty cool. It’s so funny when people think that we can’t take care of ourselves and get ourselves around. She insisted on walking us to the bus stop and practically lifting us onto the bus and waving until we were gone haha!   We were wondering how she thought we got there without her :) she is very sweet! And she gave us about half of her kitchen. They think we starve I think.
 
Well that’s about the time I have.  I love you so much!  I love the savior and my chance to serve Him.  I have recently read  D & C 109. I wrote down a bunch of verses that I wanted to share with you but I forgot the paper. But it’s all about the blessings and promises that we may receive if we go to the temple worthily and continue faithfully.  You should read it :) they are great promises.  
 
I have also been studying a lot about courage.  Very interesting what we need courage in.  
 
I love you!
Sister Trottier 

No comments:

Post a Comment