Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Monday, October 10, 2011

"My little Toyota life is about to become a Lamborghini (Sept 19)


Hello! haha the quote above from the subject line is what my comp said while we were talking about how we can become new through Christ and be reborn :) haha so great!
 
All is great here!  I love you all so much! I’m really sorry because as you know I took too much time reading emails (which is NOT a hint to not write) but I love them so much! if I don’t write all of you back please don't be sad. I will try to write some real letters but I love you! and I love your letters! And yes it is the selfish side of me to ask you to keep writing :) forgive me k!?  THANKS! 
 
As for the branches I am in, there are two. One big one which is in the center of town and one about 45 minutes on bus out of the center. The small one is SUPER small! I walked into the building this week and was setting up chairs and I saw one small (smaller than normal sized) piece of bread on the sacrament table and I thought to myself, why would someone leave that there? strange....and then later in the meeting I realized it was for the sacrament!  DUH! haha but that is how small this branch is. There are 20-30 people there every week and they only need one piece of bread! and they don't use it all! haha ya crazy! 
 
We went real tracting at real houses this week! it was sweet!  I felt like a missionary on the movies! felt pretty cool and talked to quite a few people. they can’t run away that way! haha they do have houses in certain parts of the city. it is what you would imagine Russia as (well I did) with little houses and fences. this was a pretty nice area but normally they are pretty old and dirty.
 
We were just chillin on a bench one day calling some people and my comp said hello to a lady and she stopped and apologized for not remembering who we were, she was really quite flustered and we told her and we hadn't met her before.  she walked away quickly...haha it’s strange to say hello to people you don't now here......
 
We have been the contacting maniacs this week!  it’s been crazy! but I have also been trying to just chat with people. which is hard because Russians don’t just chat, but it has been working and I feel like I am doing more and touching more people’s hearts and spirits. 
 
I love this quote: "The ability to receive and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill we can acquire in this life" so true. It helps us do everything we could ever do and know everything we could ever need to know.
 
I asked a girl last night if she spoke English and she started talking to me excitedly. She was so surprised and asked why in the world I decided to ask her out of all the people in the whole
metro station! I told her it was just a feeling but I was think "IT WAS THE HOLY GHOST! HE TOLD ME TO!!!!" haha it was sweet!!!!!
the EFY song "I cannot be still" has been my inspiration this week! maybe go listen to it! it’s good! 
 
We have an awesome young girl we are working with named Nastia with a lot of dreams for the future! she is 15 and wants to be 30.   There is a babushka we are working with Irina who is practically a member but scared of something we need to discern somehow through the spirit.  we have a girl named Alona who is super cute and she and her boyfriend are the happiest people I have seen in Russia!  they want to know truth!  they want to find people who not only teach their religion but live it! I hope we can show that is what we try to do.  
 
I am really sorry that my emails have been going down in quality....but I love you! and maybe I should try just printing off the emails and writing the whole time....
 
church is true. 
 
Become someone worth being!
 
Love Me

No comments:

Post a Comment