Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"You just gestured to all of Me"

Hello Family!   I don't know what to write today actually haha :)   Today we went to the temple to do inititories and it was the best ever!   I love doing them!  Going to the temple is so awesome and everyone should go as much as you can!   It helps me to remember what is most important and to put life into perspective.  After our district went to eat in the  cafeteria.  it is the BEST thing that i have ever had.. for a long time. I was so happy i almost cried!  I had a HUGE waffle with fruit and whipped cream, i had biscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns and bacon....did i gain 5 pounds?.....possibly, but it was so so so worth it!  it was REAL legit food!  oh man!
 
I have seen Zach aka Elder Jensen a few times now and it makes me so so happy to see him all of the time!  He is doing aweseome and looks happy! i will be sure to get a picture with him for our families.  I also see quite a few people that i know from highschool which is cool.
 
All of the peple in the olders district have now left on their way to Russia! it makes it feel a little bit more real, except not really. I still feel like i will never leave here. I can't even imagine going to russia, i mean its RUSSIA.  Sister West and i were reading the Book of Mormon in Russian and we both just started laughing, never in my life would i have thought that i would ever be reading the Book of Mormon in Russian.  Now don't get too proud of me yet, i can't really read it yet.  It took us 20 minutes to read 5 verses and everytime we knew what one of the words meant we got super excited! haha! 
 
The russian is hard....to say the least. But it is coming and the more that we use it the better we get at it.   We started teaching a progressive investigator all in Russian.  Its crazy, i can actually communicate with someone in Russian!  Who woulda thunk?  not me!   but its super cool. 
 
I have been trying to see what i can improve of myself and have been praying to know my weaknesses so that i can work on them.  I have realized that that is a bad idea haha.  Not really, but kinda...that is waht the subject of my email means. I feel as though I asked and Heavenly Father "gestured to all of me".  I have so much to work on but i have come far already i think...i hope...but it has just begun!  I have only been here a little while!  CRAZY! 
 
We learned about Abinadi and discussed all of his missionary traits and even made skits about it with our whole zone. It was alot of fun and i realized that He is possibly one of my new heroes!  he is a legit missionary!  He has power and strength, boldness and faith and everything else that i need!  He is awesome! 
 
Tommorrow we are getting new missionaries that are speaking RUssian.  There are 45  new ones!   which is incredible and HUGE! In our zone we are getting 7 sisters and i think the other is getting12 and the rest are elders.   We are excited to have them come and get to know more missionaries that will be with us for awhile!
 
Thank you so much for the packages and letters! I got some really really great ones that have made me so happy! I love to hear all about what you are doing even if you don't think it is exciting i will think it is! i promise! I love it!  Grandma sent me a bunch of candy which was so good!  except probably not so great for my figure but we enjoyed it imensely!  ANd family thank you so much for all of the stuff you sent! i wore the sweater the next day! so cute! and the pictures are great. I literally laughed out loud when i got to the picture of Dean Winchester beceause it was right in the middle of it all!  I even convinced a few of the elders and older sisters that he was my boyfriend haha they were super jealous!  I love Dean!
 
As for my plaque, i want to do Alma 26:12,16  unless that is too long, but it has kinda been my theme.  It is my scripture for everything that we do haha my district is probably sick of it haha and i don't know what picture.. have audrey pick ok?   I love you all so much! and i am so happy to be here!  I know that this gospel is true and that i am doing the Lords work.  I love it!  i get so excited to share what i know!  and yes i am a sister missionary haha :)  I love my Savior and know that through Him we ALL can be happy and feel love and continue to become a little better each day!   ask me questions if you want to know anything else. I dont know what to say sometimes :) love you!
 
Sister Trottier

No comments:

Post a Comment