Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our outing to Babylon

Tue, January 25, 2011 12:39:45 PM
Our outing to Babylon
...
From:
Heather Trottier <heather.trottier@myldsmail.net>
...
View Contact
To:Michael Trottier <miket@mrtconsulting.net>; melanie trottier <melanietrottier@yahoo.com>; avtrottier@gmail.com; samanthamtrottier@yahoo.com; yomilk163@yahoo.com

Hello Family!  
 
It was spring this morning and when we got out of the temple it was snowing like crazy!  haha!  weird weather as always.  Thank you so much for all of the letters and packages!  i am so spoiled! i love you all so much and i love to hear about your lives and to see pictures! (hint hint to those who have not sent some :))  I can't believe how time is flying! and i don't know russian yet! hahah it will come though i know
 
It was just a normal week at the mtc this week haha.  not a whole lot of new information....grandma asked me if when i said the Russian missionaries were here what that meant and yes it means that the Missionaries from Latvia and Estonia and Russia come here for three weeks.  It is awesome both for them and for us! we get to practice our Russian and they get to go to the temple twice a week.  They even get to go to temple square and do a seesion at the slc temple!  im jealous about that!   All of them are so great, and loving!   There are two sisters whom we have gotten to know really well.  Sister Ivanova is from Moscow, she only speaks a little bit of English and i only speak alittle bit of Russian but combined we can talk and i have come to love her so so so much!   I honestly feel like we knew each other before and we were supposed to meet here.  She is so sweet and has  such a strong testimony.  She always makes hearts with her hands like Audrey does to me :)   
 
On friday we had our first 100%  russian speaking day!  Oh my Hannah! was that draining!   there was a lot of "i don't know how to say it"  and "i don't understand" and talking around words that we don't know!  By the end of the day i felt like i had ran two marathons haha!  But it was also surprising how much i could say with what little i know.  I found that i if i open my mouth the words really do come to my remembrance (moses 1:39).  
 
Sister West and i went out into the real world!  when missionaries leave we call it their outing to Babylon....well i do at least haha!  And i don't even know how to spell Babylon.....opps. Anyways sister west had to get an mri on her knee.  We hope everything is ok with it but we are just making sure that nothing is really bad with it.  She is a trooper!  so it was crazy weird because we drove through campus and drove passed Chelsea and mckells house and we were stopeed by Whits and i told the driver that my friend lived there and he said jokingly to look out for her! and LO and behold!  Whitney walked out!   we opened the window and honked but she didn't hear!  haha nad i watched her get into her car!  it was weird!  Oddly enough we were happy to get back to the mtc when all was said and done.  it is weird to mix my worlds
 
"enjoy the little things in life because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things"  This is my favorite quote from this week! it is so true! i find myself stressing over things and worrying too much but remember the smell the roses and notice the sunsets on the way.  Sister Ivanova has taught me that a few times as we have been rushing to and from places and she stops me to show me how beautiful the mountains are, or the snow, or the stars.  Our world is beautiful!   the people around us are gifts from God! remeber to not get caught up in schedules and to do list and look around you at what God has given you.  
 
I don't know if i have mentioned this but Elder Christoffereson gave a devotional at BYU and we have been focusing alot on it.  It is called "Daily Bread". it is an incredible talk that shows us that we need to rely on Christ daily.   It talks about  the children of israel and the Manna. They literally had to rely and trust in God to survive everyday.  We might not be exaactly that way but we do need to rely on Him spiritually.  we can't just be really spiritual one day and expect it to carry over. it has to be daily "if you are not moving forward,  you are moving backward.  I love the story that Elder Bednar told about the painting of His wheat field. each individual stroke may not seem beautiful but all of them put together make a beautiful masterpiece.  "by small and simple things are great things come to pass" (alma 37).   The great thing that can come to pass is that we become like our Savior,  The great thing that can come to pass is us!  We just have to do little things every day.  it is all about consistency.  Continually doing something and improving each day.  I have gotten really frustrated here knowing that I am not who i want to become and realizing that i cannot change in one day but this talk reminded me that As long as we are improving that is all that God asks of us. "Even the tiniest effor the Lord is pleased with".    (sorry i skipped around a bunch...you might possibly have to read it yourself.. :) hahah)
 
On sunday someone gave a great talk on Happiness "Happiness is something that you decide ahead of time"  remeber that each day is a gift!  you can decide what you do with it and how it goes!  How awesemt is that!   Take responsiblitly and make your day go the way you want it to!     Choose to act, not to be acted upon or react.  "Hope is contagious"
 
sorry i am just rambling on today!  haha oh well  as always i guess :) 
You know you are a sister missionary when you don't think your outfit is complete until you have picked out a sweater! haha so so funny!  I already know i will have to have people help me know how to dress when i get home!  my bad! 
 
what else?  I most likely get my travel plans next week!  which is crazy!  I can't even understand what the Natives say when they are talking slow haha!  i am so exctied but it still doesn't seem real.  Zach Jensen left yesterday, feels like he just got here haha!  and i still have like three weeks left!
 
.....i am still good....and happy!  still learning alot although i know that i need to start focusing more on Russian cause i just stress out and of course its me so i ignore it.  But we start all russian until we leave tomorrow so that will definately help!
 
I know this chruch is true. I am so thankful to be here and i am so thankful for my Savior. I have been studying His life and His atonement extensively so i can know HOW to be like him and How to use his atonement. I know he loves everyone of us and will do anything for us and already has. Just to turn to HIm.
 
I love you!
 
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment