Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week 3

This is Heathers district at the Temple on P-day
Hello!  Its another week!   I have alot to say... so no small talk
I hope Tammy does not mind, but i think that i have chosen her song as one of my Mission motto's.  As i was studying on Saturday and contemplating being here i realized that it doesn't seem weird for me to be here on a mission. it just feels like the next step in life that I was supposed to do.  Its not crazy different, but just life. I have friends, we laugh, joke, learn, study.  There is drama and and i get annoyed of people and that's just life.  A new place to be and a new way of being and trying to become who i want to be.  Its such a weird but awesome feeling! i didn't think that this is what it would be like.  But i love it!  and it is a time for me to change myself and BECOME who i want to be.  is ezekial 36 it talks about getting anew heart and spirit and in 3 nephi 12;47 it says that all things can become new.  I can physically, spiritually, emotionally and everything else ally change completely through Christ and His atonement!  how incredible is that!
These are the girls in Heathers Room! (not all in her District but in her zone!)
BUT! don't get you panty hose all tied in a knot, that does not mean that i will come home a different me.  I will still be me.  one of the biggest things that our teachers talk about is that we were called for a reason. I Heather Trottier *weird to say heather)  was called because of my personality to go to Novosibirsk Russia!  that means i can be my psychotic crazy self and it will work!
THANKYOU-  i have to say thank you to all of you! i am the most spoiled missionary here. I definatly get the most letters and packages! you are the best. I will try to get back to everyone this week but it might be hard... i wear shielas scarf all the time! it is gorgeous and warm and everyone is jealous! i got an awesome package from the Chiropractors and laughed really hard when dr george sent a ripped apart book (oddly enough made me cry).   I got a cd from tammy which i am so excited about, her music is so inpiriational!  and i got presents from my grandparents! you are all amazing! although i be fat soon cause of all the treats.  I wanted to say thanks to sami for doing the blog.  if it gets too much make some body else do it cause i really appreciate it and its aweseom :)
TENDER MERCIES-  i have seen quite a few this week! first and most important is music.   we found out that we can listen to music on the lds website during study time and it has been one of the best things in the WHOLE world! i love it greatly.  I feel the spirit so strong through music.  The snow is beautiful andi better get used to it haha but it really has been beauitful seeing it fall!   We also had our temple walk in the Rain on Sunday which is possibly the happiest thing ever!  it was incredible and beautiful!.  random- i can hear the bell tower from here and see it from my window and it brings me comfort to think that all my friends can hear and see it too :)
TICK TOCK- funny story, if you know me, i HATE the sound of ticking clocks, drives me absolutely crazy!  one of the sisters has a really loud clock and i have been tryint to ignore it but two nights ago i was up for forever and i felt like Hook from Peter Pan. I swear to you that if i had a long curly mustauche it definately would have been twitching to the beat. I was searching this girls desk in the dark until i found it and took out the batteries!!  i had to apologize the next morning...

COLD -random facts about cold in russia.  My teacher went to my mission and it has been declared to be the coldest mission in the whole world!   He wore 2 pairs of thermal garments, 2 pairs of normal thermals, his pajamas, four pairs of thermal socks, a sweater  his suit and THEN all his winter stuff. I will officially be a snowman. and that will keep you warm for about half and hour.  I also learned i will have really cleared out sinuses when i get home beecause as you walk around everything in your nose freezes and yougo inside and it all melts...YUM.   and on top of that, you dont' want to wear earrings because it gives you frostbite inside the holes because of the metal.
20-21 ISHLY days- I can't believe it has only been that long.  I have made friends here who feel like family.  You share such personal experiences and bear your testimony of your deepest feelings, emotions and desires that you can't help but feel you ahve known them for forever.   You all probably have a hard time thinking of things to tell me and i feel like i have been gone forever so i always ask whats up...sorry if you don't want me to ask, but tell me everything ok?  We are even really close with leaders and teachers. we live vicariously through our teachers and they live through us haha. We badger them about their dates and make them recount the stories on mondays haha! Story Time!   its the best!
Traditions-  now your not allowed to have traditions at the MTC, so we don't......but we do things that people have always done....we play this game whcih is a mix between that ninja game and signs haha  it kinda looks like cult.  everyone chants (in english letters)  "oo menya yest seela" which means I have the power- or translated word for word- at me exists the power-  haha its not funny as i explain it probably...but it is!  we also play a game that is like big booty and signs mixed with Russian animal names!  hysterical to say the least!
MTC HUMOR-  if you are wondering, EVERYTHING is funny at the MTC beacuse it has to be haha.  we have two sayings that have ceom from experiences. the first came when a sister tried to help an elder off of the floor and he said "um that is unwanted physical contact" and the next came from the white handbook-  quiet dignity- anyways...that was randoman di which i had time to tell the stories but i do not.....sorry
Heather and Sister West
I have had two songs stuck in my head.  The first is Eye of the Tiger!  it is beceause every night with out fail i dream that i am in Supernatural!  haha it is so funny!  and next is that song from 7 brides when they are in the snow chopping wood!  haha they think i am crazy a little bit.
END- It is awesome to be here. one of the elders gave a lesson on asking not only the Lords will for our mission, or week, or day, but every hour.  ask yourself what you can do to come closer to Christ every hour.  My favorite miracle at the moment is Mark 9:23-24 along with enos. I wish i could tell but i have 30 seconds. I love you
I love you all so muucch!  Have a very merry christmas! i wihs i could be there and don't be sad that ii  am not ok? I amm happy and doing well. you are awesome!
Sister Trottier






No comments:

Post a Comment