Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Monday, April 16, 2012

Just another day, started out like any other....

Tues-  our great miracle Lydia remember? ya she gave back all we gave her.  And she dropped us.  I was really really sad. I was already feeling like a failure that day and i was doing all i could to not just start crying on her couch right then and there. she is scared of change i think.  But it was interesting, she is usually just is embarrassed about me hugging her but this time she just clung to me and said she was sorry.  I think we will visit her in a few weeks to let her know we still love her. she was sad to not see us anymore but at the same time not.,..i don't know...it was weird. 

that day we were sitting in a park area and calling people and a little girl came up and asked me to fix her broken zipper so i did of course and i don't know why but it lifted my spirits so much. she just chatted with me and shyly spoke to me in English a little.  it just was a like a little gift from Heavenly Father showing me that it is all worth it. that are little sweet spirits who need my help. she was so sweet. 

we also went to the branch presidents to teach his mother in law who is a definite Russian Babooshka! haha she is so great! but very stuck in her ways. BUT  the whole little family of 3 kids are members and so so strong!  The little boy that is like 13 and he just is and arguer and he knows WAY to much for his own good but its incredible how strong his testimony is!  When his grandma was asking defensive questions he just was bouncing in his seat haha and raising his hand and he would say to me "sister can i say something PLEASE"  and i would say "only if you say it really really sweetly" haha so he would begin nicely but then they would just argue.  and it sounds really really bad but that's just how they are here.  I feel like its arguing but they just think its "discussing" haha I just had to stop and think about what would happen if i talked to my grandma that way! haha but its how they show their love i guess. but anyways, her questions stemmed from actually who God is and why if He is our loving Heavenly Father He would let bad things happen and evil in the world.  its hard alot because alot of people not only have their religion to argue with us but also if in fact God is God. Its like they have two sides to chuck at us and want us to fix. But in all reality it was one of the best meetings on my whole mission. I just felt that i needed to testify testify and testify some more! and so i did and the spirit was so strong.  She said to me (pointing) "i want to know what you know, and as strongly as you know it".  SO i testified some more and told her that that was what was so great about our message, was that she could  know for herself! Her name is Galina.

So the day was sad at the beginning and ended in a miracle.  

wed-  headed off to Novosibirsk on our bus, but it was good. I brought my new guilty pleasure -  Jesus the Christ by James E Talmage and we had some great doctrine discussions all the way haha.  had a fun sleep over at the sisters as always

Thurs- and me and sister Sanford woke up at 5.30 to start getting ready to go to Finland.   It was so fun of course. Went over to the palace (the big office elders apartment) to meet the 18 elders going with us! haha just a blast and so crazy!  We obviously get alot of attention and its so fun to be together we get so excited! but surprisingly we are able to keep our dignity and good standing. we just look like a really well dressed group of really happy well behaved Americans :)  The first airplane ride was great.  I mean we are all used to studying in the morning so everyone was all sitting close together all studying the scriptures and preach my gospel. It was an incredible airplane ride :) one of the most spiritual ever i would have to say and we were all able to discuss and ponder and share ideas and thoughts about the gospel and being good instruments in the hand of the Lord.  The elders are all so great.  But they all decided to ask me for my "wisdom" because its my last time haha so i tried to give them all that i had learned and hand on all my experiences and then i asked all of them who had had companions who had gone home what i can do in my last transfer to make it the best. 

then we got to Moscow and went to Red Square!  yep! that's right!  We got to go! it was sweet!  haha  but basically we ran over there took pictures and ran back haha but it was worth it!    we then got on an airplane where we were all spread out.  haha possibly the most talkative airplane ride in all of history. you could hear missionaries talking and making friends left and right in Russian and English haha i think we made friends with half the plane. the stewardesses were just thinking it was funny :)  i started talking to my neighbor after the food came and i prayed over my food.  She just looked at me funny and asked if i had just blessed my food. :) i said yes and we began our conversation. it was great.  

Got to Finland, went to the American store and bought oreos and recess peanut butter cups and the lady gave us a whole bunch of chips and marshmallows!  we had a good time walking in the warm spring air to the temple housing and when we got there  made rice crispy treats! haha the Russians thought it was the most interesting thing we could make in the whole world but they LOVED IT!  temple housing is the best place in the whole world besides the temple. everyone loves each other and all the senior couples just become our grandparents! 


Fri-  woke up and ate breakfast with the elders. Apple cinnamon granola with apple cinnamon yogurt-----oh man it was heaven and me and Sister Sanford took a morning stroll and headed to the temple. It was great. I had a great spiritual experience and felt lifted up and prepared for the last stretch.  

went back and headed to eat. Had Chinese food!! it was amazing! not as amazing as The Mandarin, so jealous by the way that you get to have dan dan noodles....oh man!  and then headed back to the airport....haha our last flight i offered the man some Finnish candy haha thats how we got our conversation started. He was nice. Maybe will go to church in Novo he said. 

sat- got to novo and stayed for conference and headed back that night to Tomsk

sun- watched conference with members in Tomsk

Conference was amazing and so was all my studies this weekend! had a lot of studying that i did. I studied Galina's question about bad and evil life in the scriptures and Jesus the Christ and in Conference and got some great answers i hope!  I love conference, i love the scriptures and i love finding answers for other people because i also find them for myself too! for more insight see Moroni 7:12-34 and 2 nephi 2. 

I can't choose a favorite talk.....but they were all great.  My favorite quote was probably from President Holland when he said not to hyperventilate about something that happened at 9 am and it is now 6 am.  I think he was talking to me.  I had a lot of insights i wanted to share but i rambled too much :)  but i also found my commandments for the next week. its great.

studied GRACE this week. The article in the ensign from Bednar. It has changed my life and my prayers and the way i think about the atonement. Read it.  Grace = enabling power.  Pray to be strengthened and given capacity. Not just that your situation can be changed.

i love you all so much!  

Sister Trottier 

No comments:

Post a Comment