Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Monday, September 5, 2011

Yes, "The Future is as bright as your faith". I read this this morning, and i realized that this week my future wasn't looking all that bright because my faith wasn't asll that great.  This quote is from Elder Nelson, and i think that it is interesting because usually  people just say "the future is bright" but he is just being really honest here and he says to us, well actually its bright if you make it bright and if you have the faith that it will be bright through the savior.  So have faith!  and the future will be great!I assumed that alot of you felt prompltings of the spirit to write me and buoy me up!  you guys are great!  I got some great emails which i will promptly print off and try to write back to!  (especially kate because i already wrote you one i just haven't sent it.....and i will write again! so you will get two soon!)So we have this family who is inactive and we are trying to reactivate them and she asked me to do her a favor and so its kinda mom- you doing me a favor. she is looking for a couple that served here about 8 years ago named Jodie and Rodie England.....she says they are form Utah. Don't know how you can get ahold of them but could you try?and WISH LIST!  i need you to send a picture of all of you that if someone was making something that looked like you you would be happy it was from that picture ok?  and for that i will need my birthday money on my card early....if thats ok :) haha it will be worth it i promise!    and will you send a pack of UNO cards? Ok.....now as for me. Im good.  I am been letting myself stress out this week and giving myself ulcers which is negative.  just freakin out about my accountabiltyness and my inability to speak russian and my not large enough faith or obedience and how i look like a bad missionary compared to the Preach my Gospel missionaries from the training videos we are doing....but i have realized, as i realized ten million times in my life, that freaking out does no good. its just makes me worse and makes my companion freak out too!  I just need to stop thinking about myself and give it all to the Lord.   But thats harder than we all make it sound when everyone tells the story about Pres Hinckley's dad saying that to him!  But  when i have been able to do that i have noticed the real work coming in, the success and the spirit and the miralces that happen when i step out of the way of the Lord. so we showed up at this families house to do family night last night and it was so great because they were all so excited likt they had some sort of secret! haha and they said, "we did all the work and we have a spiritual thought and a game!" haha how legit is that!?  this is an inactive family that we have been working with and it was just incredible! the light in their eyes as they did the lesson and as they taught us!  it was so incredible!  it is a mom, Tanya, two girls ariana (14) and anya (10) and boy (3ish)  they are so cute and fun!  We played a game with chocolate, a fork and a knife - a shopka (big russian hat), mittiens and a scarf and dice.  You roll the dice and if you get doubles its your turn to put on all the stuff while trying to cut up the candybar piece by piece and eat it until the next persons rolls doubles! its a crazy game but so much fun!  today we are going to the zoo!  supposedly the 3rd best in russia! see how that goes i guess! So as i was studying i was looking out our really great huge window into our very great view of novosibirsk! and my attention was caught by an eagle.   the sun was just rising and he was just soaring in the sky seeming as though he had no cares in the whole world.  It was so beautiful andi wished that i was him, just soaring, seeing everything from that high with a huge perspective!  and then i thought of those awful pigeon (whom i dislike very greatly)  all over the city.  THey are dirty and gross and they just walk around in the garbage and poke around for scraps on the floor.  and if they use their wings it is to fly to another spot of ground or to a very low ledge of something else (mostly like dirty)  and i thought what a waste! they have wings too!  But when was the last time you saw a pigeon soaring in the wind or into the sunset, NEVER but whenever you see eagles they are on the top most branches of a tree, or soaring above the clouds in to the beautiful sunset. and you can guess where this is all going i am sure, but in short, don't be a pigeon, BE AN EAGLE!  Use your wings (aka knowledge, talents, abilities, covenants) reach your potential! you have the capacity to be so much! you have so much potential.  You are a daughter or son of God.  Think of your potential!  all that we have enables us to soar above the world and sometimes we don't even realize it!  But we have that!  so use what you have and what you know.  Be an eagle!  well that was my crazy rant and i don't even have time to mention anything to anyone that wrote :) sorry about that.  if you have time read mosiah 15 (especially 7-12 and compare to mosiah5) i had a big old spiritual thought for you all but the eagly thing took too much time haha but ya :)  I love you all so much! The church is true! Love, Sister Trottier

No comments:

Post a Comment