Contact Information

Russia 630102
Novosibirisk
46 Kirova
Russia Novosibirsk Mission
Sister Heather Trottier

(Yes I know it is backwards, its right I promise!)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello!

Week number two here in siberia!  and all is well!   I have so much to say! But i don't even know how to say it or what to say!  haha!  Thank you for all the emails!  And please tell Tammy that it is ok for her to email me but i will just have to write her letters!   I wrote a few letters today (sorry idon't have time to write everone every week) and i will try to send them today or tomorrow. I think i am just going to send them homw to you mom and you can get them to everyone else ok?  haha ok!  thanks! and that if they don't reach america no one gets a letter haha! and i think i forgot my camera cord to hook to a computer which is unfortunate-so do you want me to buy a new one or do you want to send it to me?
 
where to start!  First i wante to say that HOLY COW! SAMI IS GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!! i can't believe it! and sami! the pictures were so so so beautiful! i started crying in the internet cafe! haha kinda funny!  but they are so amazing!  Good luck tomorrow Sami and Matt!  I love you! 
 
 
It is actually startinto to get warmer here, which is unfortunate since i just bought a nice new hat and coat haha! But it is still cold at night.  I forgot to tell you that every little kid here looks like the little kid on the Christmas story- all puffy and stuff! so funny! and they have strollers here but they also have sleds that have tall handes sothey push they kids on sleds! Very clever ya? 
 
I have been feeling frustrated with the language (for good reason)  I want to badly to be able to help these peopl, to talk to them to share with them the joy that i know, but i can't even have simple converstation!   Everyone says that it is normal buti don't like it!  Sister sologub tells me that she thinks that the Lord Sent me here for me to learn pateience :) haha she is probably right!  Anyways becaeuse i have realized this i have found that i have been discouraged which is definately not productiveand i get frustrated.  A few scriptures have called me to repentance!  The one that i love the most is Matthew 13:5  "and He did NOT many mighty works because of their unbelief" The whole chapter before and after and the whole new testament is about the miracles of Christ. But here He did not give them miracles beceause they did not have faith. That made me realize that if if don't have faith that i will succeed- Hewill not give me a miracle!  and i need one! so i need to have faith.  Moroni 10:7.  I don't  know how many times i need to learn the same thing! haha but i need to OPEN MY MOUTH!   haha that is all
 
Alma 26 i have decided is my mission- it describes it perfectly.  I was planning on walking you through it and my proccess but i do not have time- so that is your home work! ALL OF YOU! :) haha and "the strange land"  is siberia and the "lamanites" change to the RUssians:)     I love it and it has given me new hope that i can be as successful as these amazing missionaries.
 
Scripture language study is the best with sister cologyb because I read russian and she reads nglish haha! it is really slow but we are getting better each day!  its strange that what is so easy to me is so strange for her and vice versa.
 
at the moment we have a few investigators on the back burner but no progressive investigators.  We have alot alot of finding to do!  Our goal as a mission is to teach 20 lessons a week-  the "perfect"  week would be split evenly 5 with new converts 5 with inactives 5 with members nad 5 with investigators. it is hard but we are striving to do it! 
 
As a mission we are reading the New testament and finishing in july...so if you want to do it with me that would be cool :)
 
After i wrote you last week i was a little Sad, and we went to a members house - sister emily and alexander.  and it was so great! we had FHE with them and they are so sweet and nice. she sat by me and held by hand and spoke slowly and simply so i would understand what was going on. It was such a blessing and i felt that God was telling me that i had people here that love me too!  It was like being at home. 
 
Twice this week sister sologub has been an answer to my prayers. sometimes together we read the teachings of the prophets books together.  There are two really great ones! the frist is by harold b lee ch6 on personal revelation and the second is heber j grant ch 4 i think on persistence! they are both really good if you have time to read them. They helped strengthen me!
 
Today sister sologub was sad for a moment because someone said something bad about the church (i didn't understand so.....i was not affected :))  but she was sad so i started singing songs for her! haha she thinks i am crazy but in a very good way!  She says " sister trottier i love you" with her really great accent all of the time! it is so great!  we laugh and have fun and work!  all the time!   I taught her twinkle twinkle little star the other day and shelovedit!  we looked at the stars and i realized that you all can see the same stars that i see!  its so great!   I started singing in my head "underneath the same big sky song :)"
 
I got a new sweet!  fur hat!  it is blank and made from mink fur.  One elder says i am bringing back to 20s and look like Marilyn Monroe! haha i think its sweet!
 
I have found that alot of people look grumpy but really they are not.  right when i talk to them they smile.  Alot of times it is because they don't understand or they get that i am american,but once you get them talking they don't stop! they like to talk alot!   They are also so giving!  thy LOVE to help you. I think that my new plan will just to ask people how to say words and then start chatting with them. They are so giving and every member we go to gives us a big hug and wants to feed us and give us tea. 
 
did i tell you about tracking last week? I don't remember. But it is super funny!  There are alot of rules about what we can and cant do and one of those rules is that while tracting we have to stand outside and call the numbers and just speak into the intercom.  if some one lets us in we can talk to them but then we have to go back outside and ring more numbers!  we laugh alot and it is funny!  sister sologub says it this way "I think we will have many smiles today"
 
Today we went bowling with the sisters and a companionship of elders!  first we went to subway and then bowling and for a moment i thought i was in america! seriously! i forgot where i was! it was bizarre.
 
as i wrote letters today i decided to end each one with a small testimony and say i knew the church was true and give a different reason for each one how i knew it to be true!  it was such a blessing to me because i realized i know the gospel is true with out a doubt because of so so so many different reasons.  My many blessings, the people in my life, the tender mercies God sends, He answers my prayers, He talks to me through the scriptures, He leads and guides me, He comforts me etc etc!  I love i!  and I love yo!
 
 
Love Sister Trottier

No comments:

Post a Comment